new central heating getting close
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dobbin
Apprentice
Apprentice

new central heating getting close

by dobbin » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:38 am

I am looking for some advice please. I will soon be installing a new central heating system (I won't be touching the gas, so relax) and was considering a Worcester Bosch CDi30 boiler. Has anyone any experience of these and could make a valid comment on them (good or bad). I noticed that Worcester Bosch have increased there production considerably, so does this mean there has been a massive surge towards these boilers as a result of quality, efficiency or reliability?.
I am also looking for a brass compression manifold for 22mm feed and 15mm out to feed the radiators but can't seem to find one on the internet. I keep coming across speedfit manifolds at hundreds of pounds with valves etc, again can anyone help please. (incidently I will have 7 radiators downstairs and two upstairs) :lol:

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:20 pm

Why do you want a manifold? Whats the problem with doing it the old fashioned way - 22mm flow and return all the way round with 15mm feeds to rads.

dobbin
Apprentice
Apprentice

by dobbin » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:08 pm

Believe it or not I had considered this option but was just looking for different options to see how the prices compared

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:11 pm

As Rosebery says, why don't you want to use 22-15mm tee's rather than a manifold, it will save pipe and space as you will have one 22mm flow and return with 15mm branches.

If you have manifolds (9 radiators) you will have 18 runs of 15mm pipe - if all in the same direction you're going to need quite a few notches in joists etc.

As for the boiler, Worcester Bosch have a good name and are reasonably priced boilers ( £800ish exc flue) although my experience with older Worcesters, they're not very engineer friendly everything hid behind something else, which means you have to remove a few parts just to change one, which increased labour costs, but their newer boilers seem to have a better layout. Also spares weren't cheap.

If you Google, the boiler you sometimes get pages of reviews from happy/unhappy customers.

htg

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1