New Central heating system!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Dharm
Labourer
Labourer

New Central heating system!

by Dharm » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:29 am

HELP!!! :?
I have just purchased a house which had storage heater that have been taken out, as I would like to have a new central heating system installed, so I have a few questions.
First the background,
I would like to use a combi boiler Vaillant ecotec plus 837 ( because of the water follow rate it will give me).
6 rads downstairs and 4 rads upstairs, average size of rooms is 3 x 2.5 meter.
Bathroom upstairs and shower room downstairs.
First question do I use copper of plastic pipes ?
I know that copper in material cost is cheaper but in installation is more expensive.
With plastic the pipe is relatively OK in price its the fittings that increase the cost and installation is much more quicker.
I will use a two pipe system but what would be the best way to route the pipes! 22, or 15mm throughout?
Would there be a problem with flushing the system with plastic pipes?
Please note to save cost I am planing to lay the pipes myself to the rads ( I feel I am a competent D.I.Y'er), but will get a professional to install the boiler and connect to central heating pipe work!
I would very much appreciate any advice/help you can give me!
Thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:22 pm

My suggestions/opinion.

No doubt - copper pipe is best.

22mm flow and return with 15mm branches to each radiator.

I understand wantint o save money - but if your pipeowkr is poor and the plumber/installer has to spend hours fixing leaks when he pressurises the system it'll cost you.

I hope that answers your questions.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1