New clay lump Barn conversion In Norfolk
Information, help and solutions to many issues encountered when converting barns and older buildings

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
deepbluearcher
Apprentice
Apprentice

New clay lump Barn conversion In Norfolk

by deepbluearcher » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:04 am

I am just about to embark on this conversion - we have full pp but are resubmitting as we want some minor changes. The site is totally derelict with only water on site at present. Planning on doing as much work myself as I can to keep costs down.

Anyone else in the Norfolk/Suffolk area either embarking on a similar project or completes a similar project that we can compare notes with.

Cheers Barry.

davidfordham
Labourer
Labourer

Another barn conversion

by davidfordham » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi. We're doing barn conversion in Suffolk and like you hoping to do as much as possible ourselves. We've got full pp and are aiming to submit to building regs by end Jan. Sounds like you have a bigger job on your hands. Our buildings are fairly sound though not fully weather tight! I'm currently struggling with the problem of providing adequate insulation. Happy to compare notes as we go along. Cheers

deepbluearcher
Apprentice
Apprentice

by deepbluearcher » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:08 pm

Nice to hear from you - would be more than happy to swap tips/experiences - I am an Electrical fitter by trade so if you need any advice in that department I may be of help. I am going to book a course on Lime renders/mortars soon too. Would love to meet up and discuss things.

davidfordham
Labourer
Labourer

by davidfordham » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:53 pm

Hi again. Got two electricians in the family but your ideas and advice may still be very helpful - knowing what others have done in a similar project is always useful. Got some advice on RoundTower hydraulic lime from a supplier - I know he's trying to sell the stuff but his feedback from builders has been very positive. Still waiting to get building regs application in but now have agreement from planners regarding most of the materials we're going to use. Where in Norfolk are you? We are close to Saxmundham in Suffolk. If we're not too far away we may be able to meet up.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:49 am

We have tried to make both of you aware of private contact details as we do not like to publish them on the website. However it seems the email address of davidfordham is incorrect as entrered in the registration. Please send your correct address to info@diydoctor.org.uk

DIY Doctor

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:06 am