New Combi, Calling for heat when not not being asked for.

Postby jasmin10 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:06 pm

We had a new combi and rf thermastat fitted a month ago and has been working like clockwork until yesterday. For some reason I noticed that the house was getting hotter and hotter, I checked the control panel and it said 24 and was getting higher. The digital rf thermastat was only et to 17 and the fan wasn't on which is an indicator that it is asking for heat.

I went up and checked the boiler which showed the rf receiver is green (asking for heat) and the boiler is responding.

Nothing in the house has change except for someone fitting a new bathroom which would have no reason to mess with the boiler. He has only taken a radiator off.

Any ideas?
jasmin10
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:35 pm

What 'fan' wasn't on ?

htg
htg engineer

Postby jasmin10 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:03 pm

On the control panel that displays the current temperature etc, its shows a little picture of a fan when the heating starts up.
jasmin10
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby Steve the gas » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Ditto
Steve the gas
Progress to next rank:
56%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!