New cracked basin question
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Marigold
Labourer
Labourer

by Marigold » Tue May 08, 2007 10:54 am

In similar fashion to a previous question I also cracked my bathroom handbasin- quite dramatically. I'm fairly sure it's leaking - is there any way I can do a temporary repair that will hold for a couple of months until I can sort out replacing the basin altogether? I've been looking a sealants, adhesives etc. It doesn't have to look pretty or be waterproof enough to hold a basin of water, as long as it holds the sink together and prevents water leaking when I want to brush my teeth!

thedoctor2
Ganger
Ganger

by thedoctor2 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:23 pm

Hi try looking at Sealents in the forum on this site, i am sure there will be something that might do the job

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

by DONFRAMAC » Thu May 10, 2007 2:21 am

You might like to try the paint people use to do a "makeover", to tone down garish tiling, but I am sure that builder's merchants sell paint which is intended to refresh enamelled cast-iron baths, as we have a local craftsman who does exactly that, to make a handsome living. Pressed-steel baths are nothing like as solid as cast-iron;-- but a new cast-iron bath is expensive, and awkward to swap, being V. heavy.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:36 am