New double Glazed window the wrong size :((
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SkiNNeR29
Labourer
Labourer

New double Glazed window the wrong size :((

by SkiNNeR29 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Recently ordered a new double glazed window... thought i had the correct sizes and messed up, the window fits perfectly on the sides... but i somehow managed to screw up the height.. its 3cm's too short, Does anyone know if its possible to get a slightly oversized PVC window Cill at the bottom just to raise it up slightly... ive looked around and cant seem to find anything.. does anyone have other suggestions as to what i can do to fix this problem apart from buying another window :(

Cheers

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:32 pm

SkiNNeR29,
Have a word with your supplier and see if they can provide a drip moulding to fit on the top and a flat to fit on the bottom. these two should make up enough for the window to fit.
end

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

window

by welsh brickie » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:50 pm

you can buy add-on 15mm to 30mm plastic strip that clips into the window profile,silicone and screw it to the frame before fitting

juco
Apprentice
Apprentice

by juco » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:28 pm

I am sure someone who knows what they are talking about will come on and answer you.
In the meantime how about a strip of PVC in the frame (top or bottom)and then sit the unit on that with a bead of clear silicone?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:26 am