New extension adjoining neighbours walls
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
burt12345
Tradesman
Tradesman

New extension adjoining neighbours walls

by burt12345 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi, I'm about to start building a single storey extension full width on the back of our house in ICF (Insulating Concrete Forms).

Our neighbours property protrudes ours by about 0.5m which we will butt up against. They also have a room that is mostly below our ground level, the space between that roof/retaining wall and the party (what used to be a short garden wall 2ft high) wall is backfilled with rubble with a concrete slab on top.

Please see photos for hopefully a better understanding.

We have a ring beam & slab ready that doesn't have any dpm, this will go on top and up our new inner wall.

The ICF blocks will be filled with concrete with a waterproofing additive to above neighbours lower roof level. We will have a vertical dpc off our wall.

Do I need to be damp protecting our neighbours wall with anything before butting up to it? Do I leave any gap, or would it be better to fill the void?
Do I need to need to "sort of render" the rubble under their spanning slab, and protect that too?
If so, should I be using bitumen paint or adhesive sheeting, or something else?

Many thanks

Burt

[attachment=1]partywall1.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]partwall2.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
partwall2.jpg
partywall1.jpg

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: New extension adjoining neighbours walls

by welsh brickie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:23 pm

I would paint the wall with buitumin,and build it tight against the wall.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:25 pm