New Floor Services?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rodz
Apprentice
Apprentice

New Floor Services?

by rodz » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:20 am

Hi i am planning on digging up all the downstairs of my house. A few things i could do with some help on.

1- Gas - i have a gas mains that needs to run the full length of the house but i cant run it on the outside so i was going to put it into the floor, im not sure where, before dpm after dpm or inside the insulation (cut a channel). ive also read that the gas pipe after it being taped up (can this be electrical tape?) could be run through a different larger pipe which is to be closed off at one end and left open on the other to vent gas if there were a leak. but how would this larger pipe fit? eg when a "T" is inline could i use a plastic channeling instead? pipe sise is 28mm and "T"s of to 15.

2 - Water again where does this go? above dpm or below if its below what do i need to do to seal the dpm after? can i use the blue pipe

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:16 am

You should not be touching the gas. Full stop.

You have another thread open about waste drainage as well. You need site specific advice from a plumber. Get one in.

Cheers

rodz
Apprentice
Apprentice

by rodz » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:40 pm

im not touching the gas i would just like some information as to laying the new floor

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:33 am