new for old radiator

Postby howarth » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:35 am

i want to replace an old radiator, i cannot get the same size rad so the connections from the rad through the floorboards to the system pipes are in a different place going through my carpet, which is going to be unsightly.
is there any way to get the connections going through the same carpet holes.
i hope this message makes sense.

Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:21 am


Simply Build It

Postby DEEARR2 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:55 pm

Diffrences in sizes betweem old imperial rediators and modern metric rad pipe centres can be taken up by fitting rad valve tail extensions. Measure the diffrence in pipe centres and pop into your local heating /Plumbing supplier and they will advise.
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:49 pm

Postby nitro23456 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:02 pm

whats the size difference? if its 50mm or less you can get an adjustable radiator tail to fit between the rad and the valve... or one on each side to cover upto 90mm

any more than that, then buy the next size rad.
Posts: 346
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:19 pm

Postby howarth » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:36 pm

thanks to you both for the replies.

Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:21 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics