NEW GUTTERING/RAIN ENTERING INTERIOR WINDOW RECESS. PLS HELP
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
geminigirl
Labourer
Labourer

NEW GUTTERING/RAIN ENTERING INTERIOR WINDOW RECESS. PLS HELP

by geminigirl » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:06 pm

I live in a 2 bed mid terrace house and I am experiencing damp problems at the front of the house. I was advised that the guttering needed replacing which I have had done. However when there is a heavy downpour water streams down the front outside wall from the roof. More distressing is that when this happens water starts to drip from around the top of the windows frames on the inside of the rooms involving this wall. At first the water only seemed to drip in the downstairs room (where the window frame is fitted into the recess), but now it has started dripping from the window recess in the room above too. I am on a relatively low income since my husband left and would really appreciate any advice.. I just don't know where to start. I am sorry if my discription is not too great, but i can supply some images of the affected area if needbe. My deep thanks for any help that may be offered. Taz

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: NEW GUTTERING/RAIN ENTERING INTERIOR WINDOW RECESS. PLS

by welsh brickie » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:12 am

the gutter may be falling the wrong way,or an obstruction in the downpipe or the gutter cannot cope with the ammount of water.
Or there may be a crack above the window that needs repair.I suggest you get a hose and fill the gutter to see whats happening.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am