new kitchen ceiling

Postby maf67 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:47 pm

Hello. I need to erect a new ceiling in my kitchen. Can i use aquapanel boards as i have heard they are fire and waterproof. Or is there something similar. Many thanks.
Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby Bright_Spark » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:29 am

Aquapanel isn't cheap, i'm not sure if it is fireproof, if it isn't fireproof then you don't need aquapanel on your ceiling, its ideal for shower areas etc, in fact, i know many plasterers who use normal board in shower areas, once it is tiled, tiled properly i mean, its normally not a problem.

If your going to have downlighters in your ceiling then you're going to compromise the fire protection of the ceiling anyway, you'll have to buy fire rated downlighters or buy fire retardant hoods.
Progress to next rank:

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!