new kitchen electrics
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
steveel
Labourer
Labourer

new kitchen electrics

by steveel » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:36 pm

HI
I am having the kitchen extended and am doing the electrics myself.
I am quite a competent diyer but need a bit of advise about the wiring of a built in electric cooker. does it need a wiring to a seperate cooker switch or just to a spur from the ring main. also does a gas hob with auto ignition use a 13amp plug.
Whilst im on the subject of new electrics do i have to upgrade the bathroom earth bonding seeing as im altering the kitchen electrics.
I would appreciate someones advise.
Thanks Steve

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:11 am

Hi Steevel, simple really, if you need to ask then you cannot be partP registererd so are breaking the law by doing this work yourself, if by some chance you have paid bldg control to pass it then who is going to issue test certs as reqd. by regs?
SPARX

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: new kitchen electrics

by BLAKEY1963 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:12 am

[quote="steveel"]HI
I am having the kitchen extended and am doing the electrics myself.
I am quite a competent diyer but need a bit of advise about the wiring of a built in electric cooker. does it need a wiring to a seperate cooker switch or just to a spur from the ring main. also does a gas hob with auto ignition use a 13amp plug.
Whilst im on the subject of new electrics do i have to upgrade the bathroom earth bonding seeing as im altering the kitchen electrics.
I would appreciate someones advise.
Thanks Steve[/quote]

STEVEEL
NOT WHAT U WANT 2 HEAR BUT AS SPARX IS THINKING OF YOUR SAFTEY PLEASE GET A PART P ELECTRICIAN IN.
THAT IS MY ADVICE
BLAKEY1963

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:03 am