New Light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sabrefix
Labourer
Labourer

New Light

by sabrefix » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:14 am

I am putting a new light in the bedroom. There are four red and four black wires.
I assume the four reds need to be together but do I just need one black with the other three together?

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: New Light

by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:28 pm

[quote="sabrefix"]I am putting a new light in the bedroom. There are four red and four black wires.
I assume the four reds need to be together but do I just need one black with the other three together?[/quote]

SABREFIX
FIRST TRY DOC PROJECT SITE ! THERE R PICTURES
2 REFER 2 ON LIGHTING TASKS. EVEN SHOWS CONNECTIONS.

BLAKEY1963

saintscouple
Labourer
Labourer

by saintscouple » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:52 pm

Hi,
Was googling and saw this thread as I to have found a light upstairs with 4 red, 4 black wires.
I have looked at the diagrams as advised but can't see one matching these 4 wires.

None of the black wires have a red mark/sleeve and appreciate i will use a current metre to locate the switch feed - also i will require a choc-block for the remaining wires - guessing as i have an old house there wasn't one before.

I appreciate i have joined soley for the purpose of having the answer verified, though i hope someone can be kind enough to spare a few lines.

Many Thanks in advance

saintscouple
Labourer
Labourer

by saintscouple » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:59 pm

Hi,

I have been googling an answer to the same problem as OP thus though i would register to show my interest as well.
Again, mine is an upstairs light, and the only one which i can see has 4 red and 4 black wires (no red inicator to show which is the switch feed).

None of the project diagrams show for 4 of each wires and i'm a little baffled.
Ours is an old house and there was no choc-block which i will aquire, other than using a current metre to establich which is the switch can anyone enlighten me to the correct solution?

I appreciate i have joined soley for obtaining a few lines from genious minds, though am trueky grateful in advance for any assistance.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:31 am