New oil combi boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
russellfl
Ganger
Ganger

New oil combi boiler

by russellfl » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi,

I have just bought a 1970's bungalow which has an old oil boiler in the garage. I need to have the boiler changed and want a combi as I want to get rid of the tanks and immersion heater so I can have an en suite added where the hot water tank/airing cupboard is.

My question is, Is it possible to have the boiler changed without any rads (or maybe just one) so as to just give hot water initially, as the boiler is in the integral garage which I hope to have converted to a dining room and most of the rads in the other rooms need moving and replacing but I want to re do the rooms one at a time and make provisions for the rads but not fit them initially. I hope i've explained it ok?

Cheers

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

by stevenc1603 » Thu May 01, 2008 2:09 pm

I know that our oil combi boiler has a summer/winter switch and when its in summer mode it only does the hot water, not heating. I don't know if you would need to have anything connected to the heating side but I'm sure a heating engineer will be able to comment.

russellfl
Ganger
Ganger

by russellfl » Fri May 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Thanks Steven.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1