All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sidspanner
Apprentice
Apprentice

New toilet fitted

by Sidspanner » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:35 pm

Hi,
I've just replaced my old bathroom suite.

I replaced the toilet with one from B&Q ( toilet to go) and the flow when refilling, after it has flushed, is really poor compared to the old one which I removed. It does eventually refill, but I wondered if there was anything which I have done wrong, or whether this the way it is designed?I also noticed that the flush is a lot less, but it works OK.

Any advice would be appreciated.

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:36 pm

Many modern float valves have a water restrictor fitted. It looks like a spiral that is pushed up the inlet pipe.

If you have low water pressure to the house, and this device is fitted, it can be removed.

This is assuming that you have already dismantled the valve and checked that no debris has accidentally entered the supply pipe during installation and blocked the valve.

New toilets are designed to save water and consequently require considerably less than older pans for a successful flush.

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:03 am

Your old toilet was about 9 litres; the new one’s are 6 litres so the flush is not has power full.

I think you have put in a pressure-reducing unit on the feed, like they tell you to do.

The pressure-reducing unit looks like a plastic corkscrew and easy removed. It should be inside the bit where it connects to the copper pipe.

Sidspanner
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Sidspanner » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:16 pm

thanks for the advice,I shall give it a check.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:25 pm