New window installation advice
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chillout
Labourer
Labourer

New window installation advice

by chillout » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:14 am

Im having my rear bay wooden Georgian bar windows replaced which incorporates a door, in my 1930s semi. Unfortunately it has rotted away and twisted to beyoned repair. I am looking at evolution storm UPVC woodgrain white to match the front of the house. However the front widows have square lead lights as per original spec. I aim to install french doors in either plain glass or in Georgian bars again maybe to keep in with the character of the house. Had alot of mixed views, some people have said keep it plain due to house overlooking a park for clear views and that it is odd to mix georgian and lead even though the house was built like it. One guy from a well known comapny said go for the georgian as its how the house was built. The other houses in my row do not have georgian bar, many of the new installs seem to be going for plain glass. What are your views guys? Most grateful for any help in deciding!! :roll:

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

glazing

by welsh brickie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:34 pm

georgian bar is better,with the leaded design you lose more light,and its more expensive

chillout
Labourer
Labourer

by chillout » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:24 am

Thanks for your comments. Havent had much response on here at all! Still undecided atm.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:23 pm