All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
steve22222222
Labourer
Labourer

No cold water from our shower with thermostatic mixer

by steve22222222 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi All,
I am really hoping someone maybe able to help me! Our shower has a thermostatic mixer (see attached picture) and worked fine for a few years.

A few weeks back now it started delivering hot water and no cold! I removed the mixer cartridge (see attached picture) which was very scaled up so cleaned and de-scaled it. At this time when the cartridge was removed I turned the water back on to test the pressure via the open shower mixer which seemed fine. I presume the cartridge is damaged and I need to replace it... It is worth noting we recently had an issue with the boilers thermostat which resulted in very hot water (maybe causing and issue with the shower mixer?)

The problem is I can find any information to what brand or model the equipment is in order to source a replacement mixer cartridge???

Does anyone recognise the mixer from the pictures???

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!! :)

Thanks Steven
:D

[img]file:///C:/DATA/sanyon/Desktop/Susannahs%20Shower/Shower%20Mixer.jpg[/img]

[img]file:///C:/DATA/sanyon/Desktop/Susannahs%20Shower/Mixer%20Cartridge.jpg[/img]

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:22 pm

steve22222222,
Can't really help your picture links don't work.
end

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:08 pm

steve

The links are to images on your hard drive - noone can see that over t'interweb.

Upload the images to imageshack or similar and post the link they give you back here.

Whilst you had the cartridge out did you check the filters just in case they are clogged up?

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:20 pm