no electricity to bathroom light!
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
markymark138
Labourer
Labourer

no electricity to bathroom light!

by markymark138 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:43 pm

help i dunno what im doing!
i was changing an extractor in my bathroom which is connected to the light rose. when trying to connect the new fan i couldnt find the correct position for the wires as the fan was staying on constantly. so when trying different positions it suddenly stopped working altogether! the light wouldnt turn on and the fitting was smoking alittle (though the bulb still works elsewhere!) i tested with those screwdrivers and there is no power to anywhere yet the fuse didnt go - what have i done please any help!
thanks - lost

steve the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by steve the plumber » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:35 pm

If there was smoke then you might have given the extractor too much power and blown it. You need to check the unit for burnt connectors and also the light. You should have connected it on it's own circuit really.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:37 pm

If the fan had a timer overrun circuit and you have connected the switch line to it with perm. live disconnected you have probably fried the printed circuit board in fan.
Sometimes it pays to get professional help as trying to fault find with poor test gear is fraught with danger, those bl00dy neon screwdrivers should be banned!!!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:52 pm