No hot water, but ok when heating on
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
archie456
Labourer
Labourer

No hot water, but ok when heating on

by archie456 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to fix a problem which has developed with my hot water system.

Its a conventional gas boiler system with a hot water cylinder and two motorised values (which I assume one controls the hot water and the other the heating).

Essentially, I get hot water only when the heating is on. As its summer now the heating is off and so I get hot water.

I've fooled the system into giving me hot water by taking both motorised value heads off, manually turning the hot water valve on and the heating one off, then setting the boiler to produce both hot water and heating and setting the room stat up high.

This works ok, but is obviously not a final solution.

I would appriciate any pointers for what to look at - Especially if its a fault with the boiler (as I have insurance to fix this).

Cheers.

eggers
Ganger
Ganger

by eggers » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:00 pm

sounds like the hot water valve is not sending power to the boiler, either the valve is not receiving power from the programmer or the valve is moving to the correct position but not bringing the boiler on. Try replacing the valve actuator

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1