All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Mimosa
Labourer
Labourer

No Hot Water From Bathroom Mixer Tap?

by Mimosa » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:15 am

Hi there,

I am new here and am having problem with my mixer tap in the bathroom that now stops giving me hot water. The cold water works fine which doesnt help during the cold days.

The tap had been replaced before due to the above issue where the hot water tap stopped working. At that time, I thought the hot tap of the mixer was broken.

Now the same thing is happening again. It was a gradual process where the amount of hot water coming out was decreasing over a 3week period. Then it stopped completely where there's no hot water for 2 weeks. I left the tap closed for a week. Then I opened it one day, the hot water came out but this lasted for a week. The amount of hot water coming out slowly decreased each time the hot tap was opened. Now, it's not giving me any hot water at all.

The current tap is about 3 years old. I got it from b&q.

The hot water taps are working fine in the bath and kitchen mixer taps.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what could possibly have gone wrong here?

Thanks.

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: No Hot Water From Bathroom Mixer Tap?

by proptech » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:11 pm

Hi Mimosa

From what you say, I would take a guess that you have an air lock in the supply, rather than a tap fault. If this is the case, and as it has happened before, I would be looking at the system to establish why this has happened.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:50 am