No hot water from certain taps - combi boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fsmith
Labourer
Labourer

No hot water from certain taps - combi boiler

by fsmith » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:58 am

My combi boiler system has recently developed an intermittent fault that seems to be becoming more and more frequent. For the most part I can get hot water through the taps and shower in the bathroom, however the tap in the kitchen is not running hot. If you run the tap in the bathroom at the same time as the one in the kitchen then they will both start to run hot. You can then turn the tap off in the bathroom and the one in the kitchen will continue to run hot. However, when you turn in off and then back on again it will just run cold. It is almost as if the boiler is not registering that the tap in the bathroom is trying to draw down hot water. The heating is functioning fine and, if the heating is on all of the hot taps function fine.

The boiler is located in the kitchen. The control panel was replaced a couple of years ago due to a fault, other than that nothing has been changed and it has been working fine other than for the last few weeks.

I’m wondering if this is an issue with boiler or perhaps with the plumbing – any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:45 pm

Bailer make and model ?

Probably a split diaphragm that is causing the problem.

htg

Carl83
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Carl83 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:15 pm

I agree

My thoughts before I read htg's post

Similar symptoms on a good few callouts recently

Wouldnt suggest having a go yourself

Find a RGI and have it serviced at the same time

fsmith
Labourer