No hot water from white meter heating
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
johnjoe
Labourer
Labourer

No hot water from white meter heating

by johnjoe » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:52 pm

Hi please could you help me. I recently switched off the heating circuit at the fuse box whilst doing work on my bathroom. Having now switched everything back on I no longer have heating thru storage heaters and in the morning I'm now treated to ice cold showers...grrrreat! I have now resorted to using the boost button for the immersion boiler so I at least know the actual boiler isn't broken. I might be wrong but I reckon the time switch needs reset or replaced, only thing is I don't think I have one.
I know that I have a radio teleswitch belonging to the local electricity supplier which governs times etc for heaters and water heater to operate on the cheap rate overnight. Should I contact my supplier to reset/replace teleswitch/time switch or an electrician to sort it out or could you possibly shed some light on the situation?

Please help we live in Scotland and it's cold up here!

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Hi Johnjoe,
Boost position used different element in water cylinder from 'day rate' part of meter so it seems like none of your 'nitestor' system is working. normally it has a seperate consumer unit for normal circuits and one for night stores check the main switch is on for both. some are combined units but with more than one switch (mine has 3), if all on then need to get supply co. to check meter/time clock,
regards SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:43 am