No power to pump
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sshaw101
Labourer
Labourer

No power to pump

by sshaw101 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:09 pm

Hi

I have just changed the pump to our central heating system, thinking that this was the reason why we were not getting any hot water or heating. I was wrong.

The boiler fires up and stays lit for a few minutes then as the pump is not circulating the water it switches off. However the pump does not start. The guy who chnaged it said it appears that no power is going to the pump. We dont think it is the motorised switch valves as neither hot water or heating works.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:04 pm

The motorised valve controls the pump so if it is faulty then the pump won't work at all.

Because you have not described your system in any detail it is not possible to be more precise! After all, I cannot simply guess?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi, although the valve output controls the pump it normally does so via the boiler since most boilers require the pump to 'run-on' after boiler shuts off, similar to fan in WC running on after light turned off.
So problem may originate at boiler control board.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1