no pressure after new pump installed
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
elna
Labourer
Labourer

no pressure after new pump installed

by elna » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:56 pm

I live in a rural area and my water supply is via a well. My water pump had stopped working (supplying enough pressure to insure water in all household taps, so I called in a plumber who changed the pump. I had some water pressure the first day of my new water pump, but on the second day lost pressure again. With the old pump I was able to manually get pressure back, but with this new pump I can't. The plumber suggests my well may be low in water, but I can't check it out due to a heavy lid. I still get water but at barely a little more then a trickle, which is for the most part steady. I'm thinking that it can't be a dry well if I'm still getting some form or water in my taps. No air is coming out of taps either. Can the problem I'm having be something else? Getting extremely frustrated!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Get the plumber back - it's obviously a problem with the pump if all has worked well with the last pump.

htg

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:19 pm

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:51 pm