noisy cental heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nottschris
Labourer
Labourer

noisy cental heating

by nottschris » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:01 pm

Hi
Hope someone can help!
My heating is timed to come on twice a day, and after 15 mins of start up
it sounds as though we have a steam train running through the house followed by a loud clicking form the boiler (Glow worm spacesaver).
this only hapens for about five-ten seconds and then everything seems to work fine although sometimes downstairs rads can take up to 20 mins to get warm.
This only seems to happen when starting from cold, if we sometimes use the boost for that little extra time there doesn't seem to be a problem.
Boiler thermostat has been checked and is working ok so i don't think it's a boiling problem, although it sounds like a kettle,looking through the spy hole at the actual time the burners are off.
Thanks

katieb
Labourer
Labourer

by katieb » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:33 am

I have exactly the same problem...with the same boiler!! Had a plumber round to change the boiler stat but that has made no difference. Does you boiler make the same noise regardless of whether you have the central heating or just the hot water on? Mine is far worse when just the hot water is on......wakes us up every morning. Can anyone help? please?

nottschris
Labourer
Labourer

by nottschris » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:09 am

sounds as though we have the same problem.
I am awaiting a plumber freind of mine to replace the electronic valve that opens when the heating is swiched on. He says that it is not working properly and causing some of the water to circulate around the tank and not the full system causing air and preasure to form.
I tried bleeding the system (In the cylinder cupboard) not the rads, this seems to help. but the noise does come back.
will let you know when he has done it. hopefully before christmas.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1