obsolete boiler flue
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sally123B
Labourer
Labourer

obsolete boiler flue

by sally123B » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:14 pm

I am despirately trying to find a boiler flue for a glow worm 60B. They have stopped being made and I was wondering if I could obtain one already out there? Or is there a balanced flue that is made for another boiler which would do the job if sealed properly>

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:03 pm

If it's obsolete it's obsolete and you will struggle to find one. The flue has to be the one made by the manufacturer for that appliance you cannot adapt one to fit.

Maybe it's time to start looking at upgrading to a more efficient boiler.

htg

empeebee
Labourer
Labourer

Flue for Boiler

by empeebee » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Hi Sally,

This is not a reply offering anything very positive I'm afraid, rather an attempt to share woes, pool knowledge, or perhaps just send a message of condolence...

I too have a GlowWorm boiler that needs a replacement for the flue, (actually in my case it's just the end plate or terminal that's missing), though it seems my plight may be even worse than yours, being probably an even earlier model, the 30B. I've tried not only Hepworth Heating (the manufacturers), but various spares suppliers up and down the country, and so far the results have been pretty discouraging.

But perhaps by now you've had better luck, so please get back if that is the case. The only positive note in what I have discovered is that, contrary to what I had been told originally, some flues are shared by more than one model of boiler and not uniquely designed for each specific one. For example, the flue for the 30B is identical to that used for a couple of other, differently numbered models. Perhaps this is also the case with the 60...

I had been hoping that a piece of metal could be fashioned to make this ventilated plate, but it seems that the terminal is an integral part of the balance engineering and that no reputable Corgi installer would risk undertaking such work.

Hope this may have been of some use,

Martin

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:04 pm