I wonder if anyone can shed some light on the following. I replaced an old twin dimmer switch a couple of days back - both sides were buzzing when their respective lights were on.
However, when wiring in the replacement I noticed there were three wires going into the old switch, in addition to the earth, with the red shared across both "wiring boxes" for the respective switches.
When testing the three wires with a multimeter I got the following results:
Red + blue: 240v
Red + yellow (with red sleeve): 150v
Does this sound correct? I was surprised to see the 150v reading and am wondering if there might be something wrong with the wiring. Thoughts?