odour absorbing paint
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jenfa
Apprentice
Apprentice

odour absorbing paint

by jenfa » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi
On the last series of Grand Designs someone painted the inside of their house with so called odour absorbing paint. I have searched on the internet but can't find anything. Does anyone know what it is called and whether it is any good?

thanks

rebeccacairns
Labourer
Labourer

odour absorbing paint?

by rebeccacairns » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:47 pm

Do you have any details of which show this was on? Where the house was etc? this would help.

jenfa
Apprentice
Apprentice

odour absorbing paint

by jenfa » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:48 pm

Hi
It was a very square house where he used a lot of commercial products. The house was painted white on the outside and just dripped dirt off it too. As it was open plan they had glass doors to the bedrooms where when an electrical current was put through the glass it went opaque. There was also a swimming pool very near the house and if I remember there was a big discussion about a block wall in the garden. It was on the latest series of Grand Designs.

thank you

rebeccacairns
Labourer
Labourer

by rebeccacairns » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:44 am

I think I have found the company... try and Google "stoshop.co.uk"

jenfa
Apprentice
Apprentice

odour absorbing paint

by jenfa » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:25 am

Thank you so much for finding this. :D

It seems a great idea but looks quite expensive I wonder if it works.

icicle
Labourer
Labourer

by icicle » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:54 pm

Hi!

I can tell you the stoshop paint does work. I got some a year or so ago, just got round to using it in one room, and when my flatmate smokes in there, which she does continuously, two hours after she has gone there isn't the slightest trace of smoky smell.

I'm going to paint the rest of the flat in it too. It means I can have the windows closed in winter to keep warm and not have to worry so much about airing the place.

It is expensive, but I'll save on heating costs and air freshener and all the minutes I spend opening windows and spraying air freshener. Well worth it if you are short on time I think.

My next plan is to see if I can tint the colour a little, without losing effectiveness.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:35 am