Oil Boiler keeps cutting out
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gcjb
Labourer
Labourer

Oil Boiler keeps cutting out

Post by gcjb » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:36 am

My heating system was drained and new radiators fitted, with new pipe routing in some cases. The boiler fired up fine but only run for a few minutes before cutting out and initially only heated the pipes upto to the upstairs cupboard where the flow and return pipes start to go off to the radiators. I have bled the radiators and after waiting 10 - 15 mins fired the boiler again only for it to cut off. The pipes are heating up further along the flow on each occasion I go through this process but the radiators no longer release any air. The boiler runs for approximately 4minutes each time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The Oil boiler is a Myson presure jet 50/70 and there is what appears tobe a thermostat dial that connects to the electricity supply and boiler, but it reads clockwise minus 15 to plus 10. What does this do (if not a thermostat) and what position should I set it to

Cheers

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:04 pm

It sounds as if the system is airlocked. Check pump is running and vent pump.

If still no luck, check for manual airvents upstairs, next to tank/cylinder.

Also undoing the pipes of either end of the radiator and allowing them to flow into a dish or connect a hose, should help clear any air in the system.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1