Oil heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
thedoctor

Oil heating

by thedoctor » Fri May 26, 2006 11:38 am

To post a question for a Diy Doctor tradesman or your fellow users, to answer please click on “New Topicâ€
Last edited by thedoctor on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PhilipTheGreek
Labourer
Labourer

by PhilipTheGreek » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:57 pm

Hello

I was hoping someone could help me :) I currently need to replace an old, rusted steel heating oil tank and have been told that I now require a bunded tank.

Any plastic tank I have ever seen has been green, but I have come across this rather intriguing stone effect tank:

http://www.tankdepot.co.uk/shop/36_156_ ... index.html

Does anyone have any experience of them or can provide any feedback? Superficially from a colour perspective, it would blend in beautifully with where I live. However, £917 is a lot of money to spend on something so all feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Philip and Ursula

grizzlyadams
Apprentice
Apprentice

by grizzlyadams » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:11 pm

Hi Phil never seen the tank you speak of but sounds good. As for whether you need a bunded tank or not depends on where you live or should I say where the fuel would run if the tank burst. If it can get to a water course of drain leading to a water course then you will need one. Distance from drains and water courses plus ground type will affect type of tank[will it soak in or run on]. Have a look on the web and you will get more details as when I renewed my tank last year I got a lot of conflicting info on siting it and type required. Try SEPA sight for details and some of the tank companies own sites, Titan and Balmoral to name two, good google search got me most of my info. I paid that last year for a green 2500ltr tank. Make sure your base is good, best six inches of cement on hard core as my last tank split due to the previous owner scrimping on a decent base. I found it pays to phone about and haggle as I eventually got my tank much less than I saw it on the web from my local builders merchant.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1