One coat to replicate lime?
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
couchie
Apprentice
Apprentice

One coat to replicate lime?

by couchie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi

I'm in the process of doing up my living room. It's a stone built house dating back to around 1830. I've hacked back the wall with the chimmney breast, with a view to pointing it & leaving the stone showing. The other walls I was thinking of T&G cladding halfway up then lining paper & paint above.

Now that I've uncovered the wall, the stone work is quite a mess, patched up with brick & cement render. Because of this I'm thinking about lime rendering it, with a rustic, ie bumpy finish. I've done this on other properties with good results.

If I do this I think the rest of the room would look odd with smooth plaster on. The walls are in good shape, no hollow spots, just a couple of rough patches from the sparky's chasing in. I really don't want to go to all the mess involved in hacking back all this so I can lime it. Could I use onecoat on top of the gypsum to replicate the "rustic" look of the lime? If it's a good idea I might scrap the idea of cladding & go right down to the floor.

Thanks for any help, Chris.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: One coat to replicate lime?

by welsh brickie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:13 am

you can use multi finish aswell but pva the wall before plastering.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:37 am