Options for Using Large Drill Bit Bigger Than Current Drill Chuck?
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
trevm_02
Labourer
Labourer

Options for Using Large Drill Bit Bigger Than Current Drill Chuck?

Post by trevm_02 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:12 am

Good day all,
I have a Bosch PSB 1.8v drill, I need to drill through some brickwork for armoured cable to pass through, I have a 19 x 400mm masonry drill bit, which is a little too wide for my drills chuck, is there anything I can do to help overcome this problem, short of buying a new drill, which I don't want to do
Regards
Trev

thedoctor

Re: Options for Using Large Drill Bit Bigger Than Current Drill Chuck?

Post by thedoctor » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi

There are a couple of options - You can buy some larger chucks that feature a suitable attachment that can be then inserted into your existing chuck that can then take the larger diameter bit but in all honesty your best bet really would be to hire a drill to do this job.

Drilling through large amounts of masonry can put a huge strain on your drill and may even damage it meaning you have to buy a new one anyway. For the sake of £10 or so, you can hire a 1500W+ SDS (and bits if you need them) drill that should do the job with ease and also spare damage to your own drill

Hope this helps

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:17 pm