OUTLOOK EXPRESS WON'T SEND OR RECEIVE EMAILS ALL OF A SUDDEN
Help and advice on software, hardware, configuration and general computing issues and problems

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
handywoman
Apprentice
Apprentice

OUTLOOK EXPRESS WON'T SEND OR RECEIVE EMAILS ALL OF A SUDDEN

by handywoman » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:04 am

THE FOLLOWING ERROR MESSAGE COMES UP WHEN I CLICK THE SENT OR RECEIVE MESSAGES BUTTON ON MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS EMAIL ACCOUNT.

DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS MEANS AT ALL?????

The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail@btinternet.com', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D[color=blue][/color]

EyeTry
Tradesman
Tradesman

by EyeTry » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:22 am

You have a home address and your relatives have home addresses. If you send a letter to one of them but muddle a part of the address then it may be returned as "Address not known". When you sent an e-mail your ISP (the mail sorting office) said something was wrong and bounced it back to you OR the system said it couldn`t even work out where it was going.

If you have a router and you get an electrical blip (lights blink etc) that blip acts like an electrical signal to your router - an added command if you like. Switch your router off - then back on 30 seconds later. The Off time allows the circuitry to clear / re-set itself. Try sending your e-mails again, hopefully they will go okay.

You should also check that your e-mail is addressed 100% correctly. I tel a colleague to ask why e-mails to her bounced back and got her to e-mail me (I could then do a "reply to" message). Her name started SanT but somehow her address had been filed as STan.... by her IT dept - it was that simple.

Good luck EyeTry

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:15 am