Outside Light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
annie1
Labourer
Labourer

Outside Light

by annie1 » Thu May 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Hello when we moved into our new house there was a sensor light fitted to the garden wall. We have a switch for it in the kitchen. I would like to know if you can adjust these sensor lights so that hey act just on the on/off switch. I am not bothered about having it as a sensor light I would just like to turn it on when I want. Can I alter this one or do I have to get a new lamp. Thanking you in anticipation Ann

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Outside Light

by BLAKEY1963 » Thu May 22, 2008 7:52 pm

[quote="annie1"]Hello when we moved into our new house there was a sensor light fitted to the garden wall. We have a switch for it in the kitchen. I would like to know if you can adjust these sensor lights so that hey act just on the on/off switch. I am not bothered about having it as a sensor light I would just like to turn it on when I want. Can I alter this one or do I have to get a new lamp. Thanking you in anticipation Ann[/quote]

ANNIE

on some sensor lights there is a override facilty , where u can
turn on the light , independantly of the sensor.
others involve a fast flick of the switch to convert to overide
so your light stays on until u flick the switch off for ( usally about 10 seconds ) to on to go back to sensor mode.
The other option would b to wire as a normal on/ off light,

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:18 pm