Overflow From Combi Boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alangovan
Labourer
Labourer

Overflow From Combi Boiler

by alangovan » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:14 am

Hello,

It would be much appreciated if anyone can offer advice on my problem before I get a professional in to fix it.

I have a Glowworm 24ci combi boiler that is passing a constant flow of water through the outside overflow. Both the heating and hot water are are working fine and all radiators are completely hot.

The problems started a week ago when the system would not restore pressure and after some reading had the boiler drain valve checked out. It had some sludge in it that was cleaned out and the valve put back in place. This solved the problem of restoring pressure and allowed the heating and hot water to be operated but there was a dribble of water from the overflow when the boiler was on.

I then found out that once tampered with the valve would not be 100% efficient so I bought a new valve and installed it. This seemed to fix the problem but on second testing the water is now pouring out of the overflow when the boiler is on.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Alan

jondeau
Ganger
Ganger

by jondeau » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:01 am

Sounds like you have a problem with the expansion vessel.

plumbers1
Tradesman
Tradesman

overflow

by plumbers1 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:27 am

Or discharge valve seating problem.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1