overhead cupboards- help please!
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tammyp
Labourer
Labourer

overhead cupboards- help please!

by tammyp » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:24 am

I am trying to fix some overhead cupboards to my bedroom wall, the only problem being is there is a kind of dado rail running round the top of the wall so that the cupboard won't be able to go flat against the wall. I don't want to pull the rail down as we not long put up new paper and I really don't want to mess it up or end up pulling the top layer of plaster off with it. I was thinking I could secure some blocks of wood to the wall where the cupboard fittings would go that would be the same thickness as the rail so the cupboards could then be secured to those but I don't really have any DIY experience so for all I know this could be the daftest idea in the world. Any advice on the best way to do this would be greatly appreciated and what wood would be best to use if my idea would work, thank you! :)

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: overhead cupboards- help please!

by welsh brickie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:42 pm

mark where the cupboards are to be situated and cut out the section of dado rail with a saw and fix the cupboards to the wall.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:37 am