Two weeks ago I had my chimney re- rendered. This weekend seemed like a decent time to paint it (relatively mild for the time of year and not a bad forecast). I used a water based Weathershield white masonry paint. It went on well and the instructions said it should be ready for a second coat in 3-5 hrs. Sadly after 3hrs it started raining but I thought it might be ok. I checked it this morning - 10 hrs later and it was as wet as when I first applied it. Clearly I should have used an oil based paint which I think could have resisted the rain.
My problem is that I only have 2 weeks left to rectify this until the scaffolding comes down and I can only work at weekends. Assuming the paint is still "wet" next weekend - is there anything I can do to "cure" it or "seal" it perhaps in readiness for an oil based coating if I can get it dry enough??
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!