painted ceiling bubbling
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mickreid
Labourer
Labourer

painted ceiling bubbling

by mickreid » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:29 pm

hi

firstly let me say that i am not an inexperienced decorator, but this has me totally stumped, i painted my living room ceiling using crown cover plus and after a while i started noticing these wee bumps appearing all over, on closer inspection they were small bubbles, most of them smoothed away but some did not and in some cases the paint peeled off like a womans(or mans) face mask. it is the first time we have painted this room and as far as i am aware it is just normal paint that is on the walls and ceiling, a wee bit shiny but not to much, any advice would be greatly appreciated, is there a product out there that can seal my walls before i paint them?

(Sorry Michael we had to remove links. Diydoctor)

michael

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:03 pm

It sounds very much like some grease (nicotine?) on the ceiling and it may need a good wash with some sugar soap. See our preparation projects on the website.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:55 pm

MANY OF THE ANSWERS TO YOUR POSTS CAN BE FOUND, WITH DIAGRAMS, IN THE DIYDOCTOR PROJECTS SECTION. CLICK HERE www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:07 am