Painted to soon or wrong paint
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
THE X
Labourer
Labourer

Painted to soon or wrong paint

by THE X » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:33 pm

Hi, its my first post here.

My partner and I have just brought our first house, it's needed lots of work but slowly were getting their. Anyway we have had our front room re-skimmed (after woodchip removal :evil: ) following the advise of the plasterer I left the plaster to dry for a week, then my partners dad kindly said he would help start with the wash coat as recommened by the plasterer, two coats 50:50 of matt emulsion and water.

From what I have read on here that maybe a bit too thin? And we are having some trouble painting in the corners with a brush. Also today I realized he had gone and got silk paint and not matt would this make a difference? (It was a 10l tub of B&Q white emulsion if that makes a difference)

Thanks

canny
Tradesman
Tradesman

by canny » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:41 pm

50/50 matt mix is correct, make second coat 75/25 (water) then 100% matt paint.
Silk should not be used as it dries on top of the plaster ,matt sinks into the surface.

Will not cause any problems unless you paper over walls then decide to remove paper. paint will come off with paper and the wall wil ned to be filled/skimmed again to get a real nice flat finish

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:04 am