painting kitchen cupboards
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
margo123
Labourer
Labourer

painting kitchen cupboards

by margo123 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:03 pm

I am new to this so I hope this is the correct way of doing things. We are decorating our kitchen and have sanded down the cupboard doors but, the new paint we have bought is,nt going on too well,it is supposed to be special paint for covering melomine, it is very thick and is leaving brush marks. Help please any advice would be useful. :(

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

by theshedman » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi margo, if you are following the instructions on the paint can it could be that you are not using good quality brush. If you want a really good finish then a good brush is needed. There is another thing that can be used on kitchen cabinets and that is FABLON PLUS. All the DIY stores sell it. I used it on mine and the finish was really good. It does take a while to put it on but not any longer than painting them. It is very hard wearing. Maybe worth a try if the painting doesn't look right. Good luck with it.

margo123
Labourer
Labourer

Painting kitchen cupboards

by margo123 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:12 pm

theshedman,
Thanks for your advice I will give your idea a try if the painting does'nt work out.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:57 am