Paintwashing T and g
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
freeleaf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Paintwashing T and g

by freeleaf » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:18 am

I want to paint a wall which has T and G on it, and would like it to have a rural, non-perfect finish. I was wondering if woodwash paint would be ok, but I've only seen this for outside projects. Would it be ok to use on T and G? Or can anyone suggest what else might suit-it's for an old house in France so didn't want it to look too pristine. The wood is pine and I've used knotting solution on pine in the past, but the knots still can through, so any advice on what to put on the wood before the paint would be great

ndp decoratoring services
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ndp decoratoring services » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:05 pm

woodwash is fine to use or if you fancy getting mucky water down some emulsion (trial and error as to how much) then scrumple up some thick cloths or leathers and apply similar to rag rolling if you want 2 tone effect use a silk paint as first coat and matt as second.
knotting only works as long as it is straight onto the knot no dyes/preserves etc on prior to use. you can use some stain blockers but check they do this before buying some do some don't.
have fun nigel

freeleaf
Apprentice
Apprentice

by freeleaf » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:41 am

Thank you for this Nigel-I'm going to go with the paintwashing

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:12 pm