Parkside SDS+hammer Drill
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DeanThomas
Apprentice
Apprentice

Parkside SDS+hammer Drill

by DeanThomas » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:08 am

I have just bought off E-bay a unused Parkside SDS+Hammer drill ( unwanted gift ). on reading the instructions I am confused about the Drill/Hammer drill/ Chisel selector switch, for chiseling it says turn the selector switch to position C in this position the chisel is not locked. then it says for chiseling turn the selector switch to D . the chisel is locked. What is the difference ?. On the first time of using I don't want the chisel to come flying out. What do these two options do. Can any one help the instuction book is not very helpful. Many thanks in advance. Dean.

Mercian
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Parkside SDS+hammer Drill

by Mercian » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:28 pm

Some SDS drills have a rotation lock for chiseling (spindle is not free to rotate) some don't.My Makita doesn't so if I'm using a flat bladed chisel, I have to hold it as if I were using a hammer and chisel, you then have the freedom to guide it, not very clever for your wrist if you need to do it for any length of time.It sounds as though yours may have both options.With a chisel in place (and no power for now) try turning it by hand in each selector position and see if the "locked" "unlocked" settings make sense now....All the best.

DeanThomas
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Parkside SDS+hammer Drill

by DeanThomas » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:58 am

Many thanks for your advice. I tried it out and it works,in position C it turns so you can line the flat blade as you want then turn to position D and chisel is locked and it works. the instruction book is very poorly written.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:15 pm