Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rarebirdy
Labourer
Labourer

Parque Floor Tile Problem

by rarebirdy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:46 pm

Hi,

Firstly if im in the wrong section... i apologise!

I got my sitting room floor tiled with Parque wooden tiles a few years ago. Over the years gaps have started to form between some of the individual sections. I was wondering if anyone knew how best to fix it? Im not even sure what caused the gap effect, whether they were badly fitted or if the tiles somehow shrunk (is this possible?)

Any suggestions would be very helpful!

Thanks,
Dee

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:54 am

rarebirdy,
Assuming that your floor is not moving the most likely cause is shrinkage of the wood. The floor is generally laid in pre-aasembled tiles which will have a number of wood blocks making the whole tile. From the factory these are pre-dried but stored in an open wharehouse they will adsorb moisture and expand. Before they were laid they should have been spread out in your heated home for a number of days. Re-laying the floor is the only solution to this problem - you need to look at your guarantee.
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:50 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm