Part P Question
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
iwaters
Labourer
Labourer

Part P Question

by iwaters » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:18 pm

I have a Part P quesiton reagrding electrics in my garage. I want a cable run from a spare way in the house consumer unit to a secondary panel in the garage. I then want a 6A radial with three strip lights connected and a 16A radial with 3 double outlets connected. I understand that a registered electricatian will have to run the supply from the house and connect up the secondary panel, but what about the radials? Will they have to be installed by an electrictian as well or can I do this myself? If they do have to be done could I just get them to instal one light and one socket and then add the extras in myself? Is this likely to save me much?

Thanks in advance

brace67
Apprentice
Apprentice

by brace67 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:06 pm

will have to be part p electrician as classed as special location wont save much after sparky has been out and layed armoured cable etc only an extra hour to do rest better to be safe than sorry also get your certificate as this will fall under building regs new curcuit.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:04 pm

Hi, sorry ANY wiring out side the main house is covered by same regs.
most expensive bit will be running the main cable & fitting a 'garage unit'
which consists of a box with a RCD main sw. plus a 6A & a 16A mcb, fitted, they cost around £25.00 plus Tax. if wiring for one light and one skt cost won't be much more for several, regards
SPARX

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:09 am