part p regs and works
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
danfaller
Labourer
Labourer

part p regs and works

by danfaller » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:36 pm

I know this is a slightly pointless question, but if someone who is not self certified 'installs' an outside socket (for example) but it is not connected to the consumer unit, at that stage in the process would the work already carried out contravene part p regs?

If not, at what stage would it become a failure to comply? when it is actually wired in, or is simply the intention to wire in sufficient to be contravening the regs?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:15 pm

you must not START any part P work until bldg control informed & fee paid unless a self cert. org.

danfaller
Labourer
Labourer

by danfaller » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:33 pm

thanks for that. Finally, at what 'point' does an extension cable with a socket on the end come within the scope of part p?

I know its stretching things a bit, but for example does an 'extension cable' consisting of a waterproof socket with a 13amp plug at the other end of the cable come under part p? and what if the cable went through a hole in the wall, or if the housing was fixed and sealed to the outside wall?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:42 am

certainly know how to stretch a 'point' don't we!
i believe one of the 'sheds' is selling such a kit saying it's outside scope of part p, soooo.......
(it does have an RCD plug though)

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 pm