Postby davechidlow » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi, i have been trying to get a password set up on my pc, but with no joy , my three children all have passwords set up on their laptops, i-pod touch etc..... but unable to get my pc (windows xp)to password enabled.......Anyone got any ideas?????????????
Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Give up it's pointless. If your kids are anything like mine they see a password as a challenge. Once set it is so easy to bypass by just putting a live linux CD in the disk drive and it will bypass windows passwords. Only by password the boot bit so they can't boot from a CD can you stop them. And if you forget the password then put computer in the bin.

The passwords can be on screen saver or main boot-up. Go into Control Panel then User Accounts and follow prompts change the way users log on think it's called.

My wife uses a password and to me it's just a pain as instead of setting to boot and come back latter all up and running you have to then wait after entering password before you can start using it.

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!