Patching render on painted exterior wall
Brickwork, drystone walling, render are a few subjects covered here. Click here to post questions and get answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sfjnet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Patching render on painted exterior wall

Post by sfjnet » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:16 am

Hi - I have moved into a place that is partially rendered on the outside front wall. It looks like once upon a time some of the render came loose in a few patches of varying sizes (from about a 50p size to a few inches across). The previous owners repainted the render without filling the missing patches (they are about 1/8th of an inch deep I would say). Looks OK from a distance but when you get up close it's really noticable so I want to fill in the patches so the wall is smooth. I've never done this sort of thing before. Is there some pre-mixed plaster/render I can buy that would do the job? Also, I'm assuming I have to somehow sand the paint out of the patches I want to fill so the new render will hold - is this right, and is there anything else I should be conscious of? Thanks!

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

Post by TheDoctor4 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:58 pm

Find trusted, insured and vetted tradesman local to your area. Visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:58 pm