Patio Area
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Wylie1
Labourer
Labourer

Patio Area

by Wylie1 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:57 pm

Hi,

There is a section at the end of my garden that has been concreted over. I would like to lay paving slabs on this to tidy it up. The concrete has been laid at quite a steep slant & I was wondering the best way to level it off?

Should I simply lay a sand foundation & build it up until it's level? Am I fine to do this on a slant or will the sand gradually gather at the lowest point of the slope?

What about concreting over the existing concrete (it seems in a good state) until it's level & then putting sand etc on top.

Apologies for basic questions but I'm a bit of a DIY novice.

Thanks

Wylie

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

Patio Area

by Perry525 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:16 pm

You give no clues as to how big this area is, or the angle of slope.
Or indeed what it may be used for.

The simple solution will be, build a wall along the low edge and infill.

However, you may have to buy in and then handle a large quantity of rubble, several times over, before obtaining a level surface, suitable to concrete.
An alternative is to build parallel lines of mortar spaced to fit the paving slabs and only have them supported along the edges and middle, this will save a lot of handling and expense.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:07 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:12 pm