patio outdoor halogen heaters

Postby jamiehodges1 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:38 am

I want to know if I run two outdoor halogen heaters 1300w or 1500w off an isolation switch which is 13A will I be overloading the circuit if it has a 500w light on it aswell.............The 500w light is fitted already but I want to put two heaters up aswell...
jamiehodges1
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:43 am

It would be overloaded and also Part L would likely not permit it and it would also come under Part P and I would not fancy your chances of a building inspector approving the work.
Eric
ericmark

Postby jamiehodges1 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:09 pm

so if i just run one halogen heater off the light switch which is 13A fused which has the 500w light it should be ok as long as the heater is below 2500w.........if i need another heater I would need to run it off a plug with a long cable
jamiehodges1
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby ericmark » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:10 pm

yes just simple maths
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!