Pavers over Concrete - New Type of Question
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Haus
Labourer
Labourer

Pavers over Concrete - New Type of Question

by Haus » Mon May 07, 2007 1:51 am

Yes, I reviewed the responses on Pavers over concrete but have a slightly differenct question.

The slope on my patio (back left to right front as you look at it) is more than necessary for drainage - it looks a bit awkward.. I want to pave over the concrete with pavers but as I move from back left to front right I am thinking of decreasing the slope with increasing amounts of Paver sand underneath. The left side "soldier course" will be glued to the patio with approved concrete/ paver adhesive and the front and right side will be held in with heavy Unilock wall blocks, not simple edging restraints..

Do you think this approach -increasing amounts of sand underneath the pavers to decrease the slope of the patio will work? I will be starting from the back left with many rows just siting on the concrete and then adding sand. I intend to keep a slope that will be more than adequate for water drainage..

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sat May 12, 2007 9:33 am

The maximinum a sand base should be is about 75mm so it will work up to that point. The sand then becomes less stable even when compacted and the surface can be afffected.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:03 am